Backend PHP developer
Student Job — Backend PHP developer
Do you want to feel the rush of a scale-up instead of a vast corporate? Do you want to deep dive into WealthTech? Do you want to make a difference and have a real impact on the development of a complex IT platform? If so, then Blanco is the right fit for you. We’re a scale-up that develops innovative solutions for Wealth Managers and we’re looking for a PHP developer to join our team.
At Blanco, we have various product suites for our clients. One of our products is our Portfolio Management System (PMS). Our PMS supports wealth managers in their core processes, such as portfolio administration, performance calculations, automatic ordering, CRM, client portal, and invoicing. Our PMS is highly regarded by wealth managers, because of its wealth in functionality, connections to over 25 custodian banks for transaction data, and the flexibility it offers to wealth managers in handling their client and investment data. As a result, we have grown to be the #1 on PMS in the Netherlands with a market share of more than 50%.
The PMS is built using a LAMP stack in native PHP (the tech stack of our other products is AWS/node.js/Angular). We are currently investing a lot in the PMS. We are providing new business functionality to our new and existing clients. We are migrating the application from a DC/on-premise setup to AWS. Also, we are building a completely new front-end in Angular that will provide the same functionality, but with an easy-to-use and modern UI/UX. We are also expanding abroad and therefore we are connecting even more banks. Last but not least, we will be working towards an upgrade of our PHP backend.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll work closely with the team to support them to develop and deploy customer implementations using the existing code base.
Who you are
- Attending a training/higher education with a basic dose of software programming, or having equivalent experience through (hobby) projects
- Comfortable with LAMP stack
- Familiar with writing native PHP code in 5.X
- Knowledge of relational databases and hands-on experience with MySQL is a plus
- Good communication skills
- Proficient in Dutch and English
What we offer
- A chance to work on a real-world product together with a multi-international team of driven people
- Flexible schedule according to your availabilities
- Combination of work from home and Blanco’s offices in Rotterdam or Amsterdam, occasional meeting with the PMS team in Tricht
We can not wait to meet our new Backened PHP developer, apply now via LinkedIn